Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, May 05, 2006

Life. Don't talk to me about life.

It's Friday, I only have to work a part-day, and I'm doing my damndest not to do any *actual* work today, hence you find me updating this blog which has been sadly neglected over the last few weeks.

It seems, from where I'm sitting, that not a lot has been going on, but I know that at least a few things have, so, in no particular order:

  • I was going to go to Vegas with my bosses for the jewelry trade shows that go on there the first week in June, and I was all excited, and I had put in for a hotel room at the Wynn -- but now it looks like that's not going to happen. They were unable to finagle free day passes to the Couture show for me or any of my coworkers, and are unwilling to actually purchase badges for us (at $1300 a pop), so they have decided that our presence, once so vital to their wellbeing and success at the shows, is no longer required. Guess it's good I didn't run out and buy a new suit.
  • The first term of my writing class ended this week, but the next one starts up next week, so I'll still have something to keep me out of trouble. I'm enjoying it, and everyone liked the piece I turned in for my last assignment, so that's a bonus.
  • Also, I somehow got elected to lead an outside writing group for some of us from the class and our first meeting is tomorrow. Color me excited.
  • My medicines are making me less wonky every day. At first I was really sick to my stomach and lethargic a lot, but that seems to be getting better. On the other hand, I've had one or two instances of shooting pains again, so that's not so good. But, at least it's not every day now. Vast improvement there. Supposed to go back to the doc to check on everything in another month or so.
  • The French dinner was a great success. The leek soup, somewhat less so. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and my tummy decided that two days (really, I only got through one day) of leeks was WAY too much of a good thing.
  • Speaking of leeks, we had a weird leak in the ceiling of our bathroom. Luckily, the ceiling has been painted over so many times, none of the water was actually leaking into the house -- it just formed this huge distended bubble in the ceiling that was squishy to the touch. Very odd. We were coming up with alternative plans of where to shower should the need to tear out the wall arise, but the handy man came and just took out a section of the ceiling, fixed the leaky pipe, and put a new piece back in the ceiling. (No telling if this actually fixed the whole problem -- like, what about mold, right? But we're not going to be here long enough to care, we hope. *Fingers crossed.*)
And honestly, I think that's it. I told you nothing interesting was going on out here. Y'all may think I'm holding out on you, but really I'm just sparing you from "Today I watched TV and went to bed," type posts.

You can thank me later.

No comments: