Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, August 28, 2006

gia 75th Diamond anniversary gala

  • Survived the GIA Gala relatively unscathed.

  • Saw Madeline Albright -- she is very wee.

  • Saw a 108 karat D-flawless diamond (price? roughly $33 million), enormous raw tourmalines, Jacqui O's mother's wedding tiara, Joan Crawford's diamond bracelet and an entire small museum-full of amazing historical and rare gems and jewelry.
  • Got to wear this:


The AMAZING topaz cross in this picture is very similar to the one I got to wear by designer Robert Wander (his website is crap because we haven't redone it for him yet). EVERYONE and their mother commented on it. I felt like quite the belle of the ball.

Mara took a picture of me, which I will post when she sends it to me.

  • We did get to eat, and Mara was obsessed with the dessert buffet, so we ate a LOT of desserts and I had a cappuccino, but we didn't partake of the open bar. :(
  • Chris Isaak did a concert, which I listened to from the press table because Liz is in love with him (???) and Mara wanted to take a picture of him for her parents. He played only one song of his own that I recognized (Wicked Ways? Wicked Games? Whatever.) and a lot of Elvis. (again, ???)
  • There was this thing called the living fountain which everyone thought was the coolest thing ever.
  • I did get to go out to the terrace to watch the really spectacular fireworks show they had for the grand finale. It was really beautiful and very well done. And then Mara and I hit the desserts again. They had tiny adorable little SHOTS of hot chocoloate. So cute.
  • Stole a couple of goodie bags, the contents of which include an individual sized bottle of champagne, and a tiny airplane sized bottle of starbucks liqueur complete with tiny chocolate shot glass for drinking it. Good times.


All in all, not a terrible way to spend an evening, and not nearly as horrific as I could have imagined it to be.

No comments: