Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, September 18, 2006

Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha... wipeout

This weekend, I got to meet one of my internet buddies, who (on the net at least) goes by ninjajab. She is incredibly cool -- like, I can't even begin to tell you how cool. Like, one of her more innocuous stories starts with, "So I was waiting in line for coffee in Hollywood, and Elijah Wood came in and gave me a huge hug and said, 'Viggo said you were stressed out. How are you? Are you OK?'"

Yeah.

And she was down in San Clemente filming a big huge world surf competition (I know nothing about surfing except that this was a big deal, and she is best friends with all the surfers) (except Kelley Slater)so she came up to my house to meet me and Brandon.

After an evening of talking to her, I began to feel like my life is just a shade boring. I mean, most of my stories have to do with my boring job, or... yeah. That's about it.

So yesterday I woke up feeling the teensiest, tinsiest bit jealous and dissatisfied with my life. Hey, it happens to the best of us, right? Brandon suggested I do something that was a little bit scary to break myself out of my rut. So I did.

I went to the beach by myself, rented a boogie board, and body surfed for an hour (because that's all I could afford).

It was AWESOME.

I have been boogie boarding once before with my friend Rebecca. She taught me the basics, and I caught one or two good waves when I was with her.

Yesterday, I caught half a dozen good ones and about a dozen more OK ones. And it was so much fun! I only wiped out once where I kind of went head over heels in the whitewater and cut up my knee pretty good, but I was right back out there.

I can't wait to go again. Next time I get eight bucks, I know how I'm going to spend an hour.

1 comment:

s.o.thomas said...

omigosh...that is too hilarious...when you mentioned Kelly Slater, I screamed out loud and almost fell out of my chair....i grew up near him (me in a small town called rockledge, him 20 minutes away in cocoa beach, where i used to spend my every high school weekend)...what is too funny is that a high school friend of mine was in LOVE with him (posters all over her wall in love) and we used to cruise past his house all the time...small world...by the way - congrats on the boogie boarding...my goal one day is to actually try and surf...maybe we can try it together :)