Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Carpool Lane

Tomorrow starts my first week of carpool with some ladies from work. There are three of us, and we're going to rotate driving by weeks.

Even if I only end up riding in someone else's car two weeks out of the month, it will save me a considerable amount of money.

My commute is almost exactly 20 miles each way. I figured out, using the IRS' standard mileage deduction, that it's costing me more than $100 a week to commute to and from work. That's insane! Now, that's supposed to include the entire cost of operating the vehicle. If I just figure out fuel, I'm still spending nearly $25 a week just driving to and from work.

Even if I only ride two weeks out of the month, that will save us $50 in gas!

I'm quite excited about the whole thing.

No comments: