Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunday from Scratch

I made an apple coffee cake today! I had some apples that were just a little too soft to be eaten by themselves, so I looked up "apple cake" in my trusty Joy of Cooking and found a recipe for a sour cream (or yogurt) coffee cake with apples on top, so that is what I made!

It wasn't at all difficult. It astonishes me sometimes how much I take for granted; like many, I automatically assume that making a cake from scratch will be so much more difficult than making one from a mix when, aside from a little measuring, it really isn't that much more involved.

We also watched Sabrina today, the old version, and I remembered why I like it so much. But I also lamented that I will never be as elegant or graceful as Audrey. Ah well. C'est la vie.

And now I've got La Vie En Rose stuck in my head from the film. So, all in all, a nice Sunday.

No comments: