Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

i always wanted an easy bake oven!

I don't know why I always wanted one. I don't know why I never got one. Maybe I never told the right people (ie: Granny and Poppy!) or maybe I never told anyone at all, but I never had an easy bake oven, and -- to this day -- I have always wanted one.

(Please don't anyone buy me one for my birthday -- it's a ridiculous desire of mine and half the fun is the wanting...)

Anyway, I was intrigued to find out that the Easy Bake Oven is 40 years old, and even more amazed to discover this website dedicated entirely to the toy:


Hasboro Easy Bake Oven


The best bit is the recipes section. And if you want an even more amusing look at easy bake cuisine, go to www.npr.org and find the story about easy bake ovens. It contains recipes for wild mushroom flan and icebox cookies -- baked two at a time.

No comments: