Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, October 04, 2004

Random Blog thoughts

So, I'm making an effort to blog more often. I think it's a good way to keep my writing skills honed and sharp for things other than Harry Potter. But who am I kidding? Harry Potter constitutes ALL of my writing life lately.

I had an odd dream this morning. I was in a department store looking at purses, and I found a cute purse that was on sale for $8. I opened it up and looked inside, and there was a really expensive Kate Spade wallet inside of the purse! It was obviously somebody's wallet, but there wasn't any money or credit cards or anything in it. So, I took the purse to the counter, and as I was paying for it, I was praying that the clerk wouldn't look inside so that I could get out with the wallet, and she didn't! So I was all excited because I somehow got a really expensive wallet with an $8 purse.

I feel a little disturbed about this, looking back on it. It doesn't really say a lot for my honesty, does it? But come on, a Kate Spade is a Kate Spade.

I actually just recently decided that I really want a Kate Spade purse, but they are expensive and not normally something I could ever convince myself to buy. So, I've started a Kate Spade reward fund: for every pound I lose towards my goal (which is about 10 pounds away) I'm putting $10 into my Kate Spade Reward Fund. When I reach my goal, I'll be more than half way to buying the purse, and I can go buy it guilt free and feelin' fine and have a groovy new purse to go with my groovy new self. How cool is that? They're always telling us not to reward ourselves with food, and I think this is a good step in the right direction.

On a completely different topic, I've decided that I want to write children's novels for a living. Have I already said this? I don't think so. Anyway, it just sort of occurred to me and now I'm trying it on for size. I mean, can anyone think of a cooler job to have? When I was telling my Dad about my decision this weekend, he said that now all I needed was to meet someone who could be my illustrator. I said, "Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking -- want the job?" He laughed it off, but I was totally serious. How cool would that be -- we'd be a father daughter team! Anyway, I tried to get him to agree to illustrate my Harry Potter story for practice (see? I knew I'd get back to Harry Potter here somewhere...) but he just kind of laughed. I'm totally serious though, and if you see my dad, I think you should tell him that it would be a good idea. =) (Just covering all my bases here...)

It's cool and dreary and grey here today, which would be OK with me if it would only rain. But I think it's rained all of twice since I've been here (more than a year now, folks) so I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: