Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

mmm... forbidden croissant...

This whole life thing? Isn't going so well for me.

Yesterday was hard. I had to go to the DMV, AND to work, AND sell my car. It was an emotionally tumultuous day. Plus it rained all day long and Californians just really can't handle that.

Fortunately, the DMV wasn't terrible. I got there before it opened, and so I was only there for about an hour total, including the time I waited in line before it opened, so that wasn't bad. I had packed books and peanutbutter sandwiches in case I was stuck there all day, but I wasn't.

Then, I had planned on being stuck there all day, so I had told the work folks that I wouldn't be in until around noon, so I went to a coffee shop and hung out and tried to write. It was OK. I felt guilty pretty much the whole time though. Forbidden croissants are never as tasty as you think they'll be.

Then I came home, and the whole reason I went to the DMV was to re-up the registration so we could sell my Camry, so Brandon wanted to go right then and sell it. So we had some dinner and then went to the place and sold it.

And I was sad. Very sad.

And wet. Because of the hurricane, which was really only rain, but.

Then, when we came home, our entire block was blacked out, and we couldn't get into the parking lot because the gate is electric. So we parked across the street and got REALLY wet walking back to the apartment, and then we had to scramble around and try to find candles and things, and it was just very exhausting.

It was a very long day. I feel like I need to sleep for about another twelve hours or so, but I'm here, at work, in my office, in the non-rain, and my intern girl is supposed to come today, so I have to act normal and do stuff.

But I don't wanna.

No comments: