Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bad juju

So, I'm guessing that because we had such a good wedding and honeymoon, we're due for a little bad mojo in our lives.

I just didn't think it would happen all at once.

It started Sunday morning when we got all ready to head to the beach with our bicycles. We put on sunscreen, donned our baseball caps, got change for the meters, and headed out to the garage, only to discover that our bicycles were gone. EFFING GONE.

They were there when we got back from our trip. I am sure of it. I am also sure that they are not there now. The only thing that remains is a severed bike chain still clinging to the post where it was locked.

The real pisser is that we KNOW that the apartment security people went by there Saturday night, because the car parked next to me had a parking citation on it. We did go to the apartment office to see if "security" (I use the term very loosely now) had reported anything. They hadn't. We told the people what had happened and they said, "That sucks."

What sucks even more is that we dug out our renter's insurance and discovered that we have a $250 deductible. The bikes together are only worth $200. But they were brand new and shiny and I liked mine a whole whole lot.

=(

Then, as if I weren't already pretty damned irritated with our apartment complex, we got a letter in the mail saying that they are raising our rent when our lease is up at the end of November.

Tossers.

That was all for Sunday, thankfully, but come Monday morning we were awoken by the telephone ringing at ten minutes of six. At the other end was some guy from the Georgia department of worker's compensation, calling to tell us that they had caught an illegal immigrant in Georgia trying to apply for work using Brandon's social security number. How scary is that??? The man gave us the guy's name and told Brandon to check his credit reports, etc., to make sure that the guy didn't try to apply for credit using his social as well.

THEN... (I know -- I thought these things were supposed to come in threes as well, but...) Monday night we went to Target to pick up the photos I had developed from our France trip. One of the rolls was BLANK, and another one had pictures of some handsome looking Mexican family having a party. Needless to say, I did not take any pictures of a handsome Mexican family on our trip to Paris.

Needless to say, I was hella pissed.

We went back and bullied the teenager in the photo department into looking through ALL of the photos for an order number close to ours, which turned up jack. Actually, he was pretty helpful for a spotty git.

In any case, about twenty minutes after we got home, he called to say that someone had brought back our pictures (I was smart enough to tell him that they were pictures from Paris, and he was smart enough to recognize the Eiffel Tower when he saw it). Unfortunately, they didn't make the digital CD of the prints -- which I paid for -- so we had to leave the negatives there so they could make it. I did, however, get the prints.

Sadly, it seems the last roll of the Louvre and Chartres and our assent of the Eiffel Tower is lost forever. Thank God we had a backup digital camera with us as well, or I would be SINGULARLY distressed.

We won't go into the talk I had to have with my boss lady yesterday (about the fact that, apparently, I mailed her insurance premium a day late and they cancelled her coverage while I was away) nor the fact that I accidentally sent the wrong (read: marked up, full of edits) version of a letter from our lawyer to one of our clients.

All in all? Not a great Monday.

(If you would like to see some of the infamous photos that we DID receive, you may do so here.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

These kinds of posts make me feel like I'm not alone when stuff like that happens to me. I LOL'd at the photo scandal. :)

Unknown said...

All I can say is thank god for the digital camera! From now on, I'm developing all my photos at the pricey camera shop across the street! At least then, when THEY lose my photos, I'll feel like I'm paying them enough to really give them a piece of my mind! ;c)