Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, September 16, 2005

wedding ramblings part one

Weddings are weird. You spend, quite literally, months and months planning for a single day (18 months in my case) and it's all over in the space of less than 12 hours.

The consensus, however, seems to be that it was one hell of a party.

I didn't end up actually having to do all that much. One of the first things Brandon said when we were planning this wedding was that he wanted us to be able to just sit back and relax -- to not be so stressed out that we couldn't enjoy our day. I think we accomplished that. We had planned everything well enough that when we actually got there, we just sort of sat back and let everyone else take over.

A great heaping mound of thanks has to go to my bridesmaids -- my sister Emily, and my two best friends Allison and Anne -- or "Team Lacy" as they took to calling themselves. They had tee shirts and a secret handshake and everything. It was awesome. But quite honestly, without their help, I simply couldn't have pulled this off. They took care of me when I got weepy (which involved mass quantities of chocolate and, for some reason, Emily singing Kumbaya at me a great deal), they decorated -- and un-decorated -- the reception site, they kept things moving, and they kept everybody in high spirits. I cannot even begin to imagine what would have happened if they hadn't been there to help me out.

I've got so many stories I want to tell from those few days, not to mention the stories I want to tell from the past week in Paris. I hardly even know where to begin, but I'll try to tell a bit here, a bit there until I get the whole story told over the next few days.

Pictures will be forthcoming. =) For now, all I can say is that I am happy. Deliriously happy. And everything seems to have worked out exactly the way it was meant to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.