Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, October 17, 2005

some random things

1. I'm having some work issues. It's come to the point where I'm wondering if I should quit or bear it out. I'm just not sure, but I'm also not really willing to go into it on such a public forum.

2. I had a dream last night about Poppy -- Hi Poppy! I want to call you soon. Whenever I have dreams about particular people, I feel like I should contact them.

3. It's raining. Quite a lot, actually, at least for Southern California, and there was hail and storm rotation up north.

4. I'm making Japanese garlic eggplant for dinner. Yum.

5. I bought my first Lord Peter Wimsey book at the church book sale on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

6. I think I've decided not to go for the $600 writer's conference in December. I just don't think I can be as well prepared for it as I should be, and I think I'll just make it a goal for 2006.

7. We bought a second hand VHS copy of Zoolander last night at Blockbuster for $5 and realized when we got home that it has Spanish subtitles. That you can't take off. But that's OK, cos it just makes it funnier.

8. We also bought a copy of Prince Caspian and the Dawn Treader, the old BBC version for $5. It was a good haul.

9. There's been a mudslide up north and it's closed part of the 5 freeway.

10. I got boss lady's COBRA insurance reinstated with my kick-*ss letter. BOO-YA!!!! I think I deserve a raise, don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - so how can she not adore everything about you now that she has her insurance back? Go figure...I say start looking for a new position....in colorado! I don't mean do anything rash, but perhaps you should tune in to your on line resources for getting out of So. Ca. and solve lots of issues at once....or at least, let yourself (yourselves!)in for a whole lots of NEW issues! (Pronounced ADVENTURES) You go - and remember that looking slightly sideways under your eyelids scrutiny thing and don't take any guff!
We will talk soon I hope - Smoches from heartman.