Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2005

blogs I read

I decided it was time to update the links list on the left hand side of the page with some new blogs that I read on a regular basis, because they all just rock and you've gotta share the love. Pay it forward. Whatever.

So here's a roundup of the new blogs:

Tales to Astonish!
Just a guy in New York writing a blog, but he's fun and interesting and kind of addicted to old movies.


Luxist
This is one of my FAVORITE guilty pleasure reads, which features everything and anything that could be considered a luxury good. From alcohol to real estate, from jewelry to art, from a $37,000 pen to a $175 Dean & DeLuca Bon Vivant Gift Package for that francophile on your Christmas list.

I'm just saying.


The Unofficial Apple Weblog
An excellent place for inside scoops for Mac people like me.


Go Fug Yourself
Oh SO funny. These girls take pictures of celebrities at functions and dissect their fashion mistakes -- and MAN are there a lot of them. These chicks say what we're all thinking, and it is GUARANTEED to make you feel better about your wardrobe decision of the day. Observe this snippet, in which you don't even NEED the photographic evidence posted with it:

Waist up: hot! Sexy! Sexy! Hot! Sure, I think that's a lariat around her neck, but let's all look the other way! La la la!

Waist down: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH SWEET FANCY MOSES AND HEAVENLY GOD IN... HEAVEN! CROPPED! HAMMER PANTS! This outfit is 2 Legit 2 -- AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, GOD, I CAN'T EVEN GET THROUGH AN ENTIRE HAMMER JOKE. WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE BURNING?

I do have to admit that if my face hadn't been rendered unto ashes thanks to her cropped Hammer-panted jumpsuit (a phrase which I believe actually brings forth the End Times), I would note that her shoes are totally fierce and I need them.


Cute Overload
All this site does is cute. Some posts are about cute products like Hello Kitty Fender guitars and plush microbes, but mostly cute baby animals. Cute pictures of cute fuzzy baby animals in cute poses doing cute things. But the saccrine cutenicity is cut a little by the often amusing commentary and titles on the pictures. It's actually a lot more engaging (and less vomit-inducing) than it sounds.

Witness the hedgehog complete with Alice in Wonderland references and the OMG DOORMICE!!!!!! So cute.


Overheard in NY
A collection of "witicisms" overheard by various and sundry people in our fair city of New York. WARNING: some graphic language, but lots of "OMG people are stupid!" moments.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

oooh I love them too! good hunting!