Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, June 06, 2009

This Our House, episode 3: Name That Plant!

Today is our first day of serious yard work. Brandon bought weed whacker and a reel lawn mower this week:



He mowed our postage-stamp-sized front lawn on Wednesday when he bought it. Today? We tackle the back 40.

DSC00673

Here are some plants I know we have:
  • grass
  • ginormous lilac bushes
  • a Russian olive tree
  • a Fuji apple tree
  • two little aspen trees
  • two big cottonwood trees
  • many various irises
  • tulips (no longer blooming)
  • grape hyacinths (no longer blooming)
  • many various rose bushes
  • phlox
  • mint
  • sage
  • rosemary
  • lavender
  • chives
  • TONS of cat mint
  • two columbines
  • a clematis (I think)
  • a couple of poppies
  • a gooseberry bush
Now, here are a few things I CAN'T identify!

This tree/very large bush:

DSC00662
According to the other photos we have, its leaves keep getting darker purple as the summer goes on. No idea what the berries do.

And we have an awful lot of this:
DSC00653

There are more, but I just realized they're on the computer at work. I'm sure I'll also find MORE things I can't identify today when we start working, but that's enough for now. Anyone know what these are? Anyone? Poppy? Mickey? I'm especially interested in the little pom-pom flowers because there are a TON of them planted (I assume) around the house.

Stay tuned for next time when I talk about (presumably) how hard yard work is and how foolish we were to want a big yard!

No comments: