Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, July 11, 2005

I don't think we're in Newport any more, toto...

Well, I have survived my very first Monday at my new job. Barely. I have a headache the size of Montana to show for it.

On Friday, we got kicked out of our lease at the building in Newport Coast. We packed everything in the office in a matter of hours, loaded it into all of our cars, and moved it to the new building. Unfortunately, the new building wouldn't let us move in until after 5:00, so we weren't done until almost 7. I got to work on Friday at 8.

Thankfully, with the four of us and one of A.'s friends, we managed to move almost everything in one trip. Frank had to go back for a few things on Saturday, but nothing major. We moved everything into our new offices in Huntington Beach in just a few trips. Not nearly as cool as the ones on the water, but they'll do.

Today, I got to work at 8:30 and found, happily, that they had just finished moving in our furniture. F. and I rearranged a few things and got down to the nitty gritty of unpacking. We didn't have internet until after noon because there were issues with the ethernet jacks not being wired correctly. Also, our fax machine doesn't work. I spent two hours trying to figure that one out, to no avail.

Around 1pm, I finally got on my computer to check my email, and there was a message from L. (who is in New York this week) with a list of errands for me to run. Today. This morning if possible.

Yeah right.

Suffice to say, they didn't get done until this afternoon. And by the time I finished, traffic on the 405 was a mess, so I came home. I just couldn't see the point of sitting in traffic for an hour to try to get back to work...

So. So far so... crazy. I think I've said this before, but it's a little bit difficult to form an opinion about this job when I KNOW that this first week or so is completely atypical. Then again, I think I can already say that I think I'm going to like being an Accounts Coordinator, but not like being a Personal Assistant quite so much.

No comments: