Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, July 31, 2005

i'm pretty sure that i ain't no hollaback girl

Two completely unrelated things.

1) Allison and I have been discussing the significance of the lyrics of the Gwen Stefani song, "Hollaback Girl." Neither of us is entirely sure what a Hollaback Girl is, but if Gwen doesn't want to be one, we're fairly certain that we don't want to be one either.

Thankfully, Charlsa's sister Aurora found this article which goes the distance to try to explain the song line by line.

[WARNING: this article contains many incidences of the "S" word -- because the song repeats it about twelve thousand times.]


2) I made the best damned chocolate chip cookies EVER yesterday. No. Seriously. EVER.

I have made my fair share of chocolate chip cookies in my life, but these are head and shoulders above any I have ever made before. I wish the technology existed for me to create an online repository to keep these cookies so that each and every one of you could partake of the blissful serendipity that is this particular batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Alas, it is not possible, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

In addition, I'm vaguely worried that I may have peaked. What if, being the best cookies I have ever made, they are, indeed, the best cookies I will ever make? Have I reached my cookie-making prime? Should I retire at the top of my game and always remember fondly the Best Cookies Ever (tm) while munching on the tasteless mediocrity of store-bought cookies?

Nah.

Who wants cookies?

No comments: