Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, November 07, 2005

nano first week update

So, a week into the nano process and I've hit the 10,000 word mark. So far I'm on the money in terms of hitting my word counts for the week and what have you. Unfortunately, not much has happened in the book yet. Well, I mean, a lot has happened: I've introduced all the characters, started laying the foundations for the plot (sort of) and built up a little suspense, but there hasn't been a whole lot of action.

I have this bad feeling I may be meandering. I guess that's allowed. This is supposed to be my crappy first draft, right? I mean, it's not supposed to be literary gold. I'm just not precisely sure where I'm going with all this, and I think it's starting to show.

Oh well! Onward and upward!

No comments: