Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I don't like drama! I just want to hide in my cube and do my work and not have to worry about politics or power struggles or anything else. I liked this job up until this week, but now my life is full of drama and I go home feeling emotionally drained. My co-worker told the HR woman that our supervisor was speaking to me abusively. I never would have called it that; he is too passive agressive to be "abusive" in the strictest sense of the word. He has been weird lately: totally indecisive, emotional, and micromanegerial (is that a word?). He's been in my cube two dozen times a day for the last week and calling me on the phone every other minute. I don't want this!

I don't want to work from 3pm to midnight either. Where does one draw the line between being a team player and looking out for number 1? I should stick up for myself more, but my coworker seems to be doing enough of that for both of us. She is extremely egotistical, verbose to the point of being repetative, and unflinchingly brutal in her assessment of the situation. I sat in the meeting with the HR woman with my hands in my lap and my ankles crossed in my charcole knee length skirt and black pumps while she spouted off every grievance in her red dress and knee high black boots. She also loses no opportunity to tell anyone who will listen that she doesn't have to work, that her husband makes half a million a year, and that this is just "mad money" for her. We are very different, she and I.

I have a feeling I may lose my job today, yet I am still working as though I were going to be here indefinately. Oddly enough, the whole company is doing the same, although they are living under the possibility of a buyout where everyone will receive the ubiquitous pink slip.

I want to go home.

No comments: