Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, July 30, 2004

Hello hello hello, is there anybody out there?

Well hello again! It's been a while! I love to see your shining smile!


I feel like I've been neglecting my blog a bit... Poor thing. It's getting a bit wilty and forlorn looking, don't you think? I've just been awfully busy lately. You see, this week, I've been doing actual WORK at work, and that's rather a new concept for me. In addition, this whole fan fiction thing has gotten me writing like I haven't written in years. For those of you who think I'm insane to do it (and you may well be quite right) let me just legitimize it by saying that in the last two weeks I have been exercising writing muscles that have long lay dormant. I am stretching and flexing and taking little jaunts into the world of narrative prose and it feels wonderful. Oh, certainly, my little exercises in blogging have helped tremendously. They were like walking around a bit before the race began. But this story is going to be long. It's going to have a complicated plot. It has characters that need to mature and grow and be happy and sad and excited and afraid and everything in between. So all right, they're not all my characters per se, but they've given my writing new life, and for that, I think they should be praised.


You see, I honestly thought I might have lost it. It's one thing to say to yourself, "Oh, writing is like riding a bicycle. You never forget." While that may indeed be true, when was the last time you sat on a bicycle? A part of me thought I had forgotten. A part of me didn't even want to go near the proverbial bicycle for fear that my attempts to ride mightn't be as good as they once were, back when I was in practice.


Terrible extended metaphors aside, if nothing else, this little bit of fluff has morphed into a religious experience for me, reminding me that I do, in fact, remember how to do this and -- wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles -- I do, in fact, still love it.


So bear with me any of you who still read this blog. I will not forget you entirely as I go my merry way with my random fan fiction flights of fancy. I will remember the humble beginnings of my renaissance and continue to blog, not matter how sporadically it may be.


No comments: