Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, May 05, 2005

MY shiny things!

So, I know that I said just a few days ago that I was going to stop double-posting and keep most of my fic news over on Lux Aeterna, BUT...

I'VE BEEN NIFFLED!!

Now, for those of you not in the know, a Niffler is a small magical creature in the Harry Potter universe which looks quite a lot like a hedgehog, only with larger ears, and it has a natural propensity and desire for finding shiny things.

In fandom terms, over on the Fiction Alley site, a Fic Niffler is a person selected by the site moderators who recommends stories for other people to read.

And my short story Hair of the Dog has been recommended -- ie: NIFFLED!

=D

This is wonderfully exciting for two reasons. First, it's an honor given by one reader to one writer. It's not a popularity contest, it's just one person sharing what they liked with the fandom. That means that people out there really do like what I've written, enough so that they're willing to share it with the fandom at large. Second, it's bringing people out of the woodwork who apparently *love* the story that I've never even heard of before. It's a wonderful affirmation that it's not just my friends who read and recommend my ficlets.

Even if you've never read any of my fan fiction and never intend to, take a second to read the absolutely amazing summary and review that the Fic Niffler wrote about the story. It absolutely blew me away.

*is quietly bouncing off the walls*

No comments: