Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, March 11, 2005

'cos I'm a hazard to myself

It's Friday morning. Thank God. This week has been... interesting (if you find mass insanity and insecurity interesting).

My wacky ass coworker that I didn't like quit last Friday. Without giving any notice. On Monday, my department had a Disaster Recovery meeting to try to decide what we would do if the entire database blew up. There were concerns about the possibility of sabotage, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

So. The focus of our department has just done a huge shift from designing and implementing new projects to trying to keep our heads above water and praying nothing actually physically explodes. There are now only three of us. None of us is an actual permanent employee of the company.

And we just found out that our new parent company just aquired an IT outsourcing company in India.

Uh-huh.

As if that weren't enough craziness for one week, my best friend here at work turned in HER two week notice last Friday as well. I don't really blame her. Good for her, bad for me. =( We'll keep in touch, of course, but who am I going to stand next to in meetings when she's gone? On the upside, I might get to live in her cube once she's gone and get away from the noisy copy machine and the fire alarm which goes off for FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT. (No, I'm not bitter. Why would you say that?) We shall see.

You might think, after reading all of that, that I would be looking forward to my weekend with great zeal. Eh. Brandon leaves today for a retreat up at Big Bear with his department at school. As far as I can tell, it's an excuse for them all to get together and get completely smash-faced drunk and sing bad kareoke with their professors. *shrugs*

I will be filling my empty hours with a list of errands that is about three miles long. Hopefully going to try to make it to downtown LA to look for some fabric and stuff for wedding decorations, as well, but I'm going by myself, and me and twisty turny one way downtown type streets normally don't get along very well. We'll see how that goes.

My only other news is that Prankster's Guide to Life is HUGE and spiralling madly out of control. If you haven't been to see the site, you should go, because it's wicked cool.

Yes I just said wicked cool. Shut up.

Is it time to go home yet? Oh. Damn. It's only 9 o'clock.

No comments: