Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, March 31, 2005

back on the wagon

So, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting in about two months yesterday -- a new one in a new location that I can go to on my lunch hour at work. I stopped going to the other one for several reasons. First, I was getting a little bogged down at the meetings; I wasn't losing any weight (although I wasn't really gaining any either), and I wasn't feeling inspired to work harder. The leader lady was very nice, but after about 20 weeks or whatever it had been, I felt like I had heard all she had to say. Several times over. It was becoming harder and harder to convince myself to go to the meeting after work rather than just going home, and when I did go, it was usually just to weigh in and then get the heck out of dodge.

I also stopped going because I was getting more and more frustrated by being on a plateau and not being able to break out of it. But, at the same time, I wasn't willing to put in the extra effort to take myself to the next level. A lot of emotional factors also came into play, and I just stopped going.

I realized recently, though, that I'm still not entirely happy with me. I've gained back five pounds that I lost, and while that may not seem like a lot, it is a LOT when you consider how hard I worked to get rid of them, and how easily they slipped back on. WW is having it's no registration fee thingy again, so it seemed like a good time to go back.

I'm glad I did, too. The leader at this new meeting is a firecracker and I like her a lot. She calls everyone her "precious angels" at the same time she's telling us not to feed her a line of crap. She was talking about the language we use and how it affects our consciousness, and she told a story of a person who got on the scale, saw that she had had a loss, and said, "That's wonderful, because I cheated this week." The leader said she looked at her and asked her what that meant. How do you cheat at eating?

Her point was that there are no good foods or bad foods, there's just food. If you put it in your mouth, you're taking responsibility for it. There's no such thing as "cheating" or getting away with something -- because it'll all come back to get you at some point.

I really liked her down to Earth attitude. I especially liked that she said that she wasn't worried about losing her job until they come out with a safe pill for weight loss. "And then I'm outta here too!" she said. Ha! Isn't that how we all feel?

So. My first day back On Plan in a long time. Doing OK so far. A little hungry, but I made some 94% fat free popcorn which is my SAVING GRACE here at work -- even if it does annoy everybody else with the smell. =) I have extra; all they have to do is ask.

Anyway, I wanted to say a big thanks to my two friends -- a mother daughter team -- who recently joined Weight Watchers and have been going together. You may not know this, but you guys inspired me to get back on the wagon, and I just want to say thanks. *squishes you!!*

No comments: