Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2005

more earthquakes

OK. I'm done with this whole earthquake thing now. It can stop any time it wants to.

We had ANOTHER one just now, literally, ten minutes ago, centered near Riverside of magnitude 5.3. The whole building shook and I got that rolling sensation people talking about (like the ground is moving in waves). This one lasted a LOT longer than the other one -- maybe 15 or 20 seconds -- though the bad shaking didn't last for very long.

Also, when I was looking at the web site (which is going in ALL my bookmarks now), it said there was a little one (2.0) right near our house.

Wonderful.

Really, I'm done with this now. Make it stop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is ok to leave for the weekend now.....Come here...Pack the cat and come on! Okay...so maybe just go to Vegas while you can still get across the fault.....I love you...Ma

P. S. I can't blame you for feeling like my emergency preparedness list was a little out there - but glad you will humor me.....and that you didn't have to swim for it at dinner last night -:>)

Charlie said...

I have to confess I'm a little jealous, I want a little action up here. I know, I'm a weirdo for saying that.(I've only been through one since I've lived here. It was when I lived in the dorms on the 7th floor and I just barely felt it.)

Unknown said...

Charlie, it's kind of exciting at first, but then you start realizing all the things that could go terribly, horribly wrong if there were a really BIG earthquake and it quickly looses its appeal.