Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, June 27, 2005

what manner of jackassery must we put up with today?!

It is my last Monday at this job, and I can't for the life of me work up the gumption to do any actual work yet. I think I may need serious coffee before any of that nonsense can take place.

You see, I overslept a tad this morning. My alarm clock was still set at 7:45 -- I set it on Saturday morning so that I could get Allison and April up at a decent hour. They stayed with us on Friday night after being stuck in LA traffic for THREE HOURS. Oy. What a way to see the city.

We took them to diner at the Ruby's diner at the end of the Huntington Beach Pier in retrobution for their inordinately terrible trafficular experience and it was LOADS of fun. I think it is probably illegal in some states for Allison and April and I to get together, because we just have obscene amounts of fun together. Brandon, I think, just enjoyed watching the fallout. =D

So, after multiple milk shakes, root beer floats, chili fries, and hamburgers, we got to bed around midnight with April bravely proclaiming that they wanted to be out the door and on the road by eight am.

Yeah. That didn't happen.

But we did have a really nice breakfast together before Abby went swimming in the lake and Allison and April headed out.

After our guests had left, Brandon and I went and bought four new tires and an oil change for Zoe the Toyota. She now has four new feet and a spare that actually has air in it. YAY! We also went grocery shopping and did other important weekend type stuff.

Sunday after church, we decided to take the bicycles and go to the beach. We bought a bike rack for the car on Saturday, so we installed that puppy and headed for Huntington Beach. It was AWESOME. Wide paved trails, LOTS of crazy Californians to watch, frozen bananas and no sunburn. Excellent way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

And, of course, that made us rather tired, so we slept like a log, and it was a very rude awakening when Brandon's alarm went off at 6:20. I flailed a lot and tried to turn my alarm off, only to realize that mine wasn't the one beeping and that I was twenty minutes late for getting in the shower.

An EXCELLENT way to start a Monday morning, if I do say so myself.

Training for my new job starts tomorrow after work. Updates as they come.

2 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Oh my god. Mu new favorite word is "trafficular."

A. Diabetic Person said...

My new favorite word.
MY.

Although "Mu new" is funner to say.