Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

favorite line(s) of the day

"Oh," he said. "I know what that is."

"One of the few remaining pieces of the wall," Felix said, crossing to the fence that protected the wall, hooking his fingers in it. "I asked about it this morning."

Oscar joined him, eyes raking the ground in front of the wall, littered with detritus and rubbish, before rising to study the graffiti-scrawled cement.

"I remember the day it came down," Portia said. "My mom came into my room and told me to come see the news. I had no clue what it meant."

"Byron had a piece of it," Oscar said.

"Your mentor?" Felix asked.

"He said it reminded him that not everything man builds is sacred," Oscar chuckled. "Not that it ever served much purpose, since I don't think he ever tore anything down if he could help it, but the spirit was there."

"My tutors never mentioned it until it was already history," Felix said. "I didn't even know what the Berlin Wall was until it hadn't been anymore."

"Do you really think you could live in a city with a scar like this?" Oscar asked.

"It's only a scar," Felix shrugged.

From A Law Divine, Chapter 11 by Sam (aka: Copperbadge)

No comments: