Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, November 18, 2004

there's a story in this somewhere...

My friend Suzanne wrote me this story today. Creeped me the hell out.

A young woman who worked in a 19th century wig factory in Boston went to the hospital for an upset stomach. They discovered that she had an enormous hairball in her stomach. When it was surgically removed, the matted hair actually had formed a cast of her stomach.

My boss, the curator, [of the medical museum in Boston] was on the look out for this missing hair ball, as a lot of the patrons would ask about it. One day at work in the warehouse, I picked up a huge wad of newspaper in the corner to find that there was something inside of it. I unwrapped it and there was the missing hairball!!

The woman had a nervous disorder (like biting nails, only on a grander scale) where she felt compelled to eat hair. A wig factory was perfect for this.


That's so disgusting. I love it.

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Any story that contains the phrase "and there was the missing hairball" is a winner in my book.