Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, November 18, 2004

losing your planet isn't the end of the world

I am very VERY excited. VERY.

Actually, there aren't enough verys to tell you how excited I am.

I found this little tidbit on FilmFodder and about burst into my very own rendition of the halleluja chorus. Then I remembered I was at work and curbed my enthusiasm.

A bit.

May 5, 2005, folks.

That's how long you have to wait before The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Movie hits box offices.

I am so VERY excited! One only has to look at my user name to see the level of love I have for HHGTTG.

The project has been in the works for years -- literally years -- and then the author, Douglas Adams, passed away very suddenly. I personally thought all hope was lost when I read that he had sold the rights (before his passing, of course) to Disney.

But lo! As I was reading on one of the fan sites referenced in the FilmFodder article, Mr. Adams himself wrote the screenplay! It has undergone several rewrites, of course, but we can all hope and pray that it will remain true to his original intent which, according to the same site, includes new plot twists, new characters and so on.

So Don't Panic. It's really going to happen. REALLY!

Excuse me while I go do a little happy dance.

!!!!!!!

No comments: