Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Happy birthday charlie

Today (I think) is my best good friend Charlie's birthday. He is 24 today.

Charlie and I are that kind of friend that can just pick up where we left off whenever we see each other or talk to each other. It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last time we spoke, we just move on like it was only yesterday.

I don't think Charlie really liked me all that much when we first met. I think he thought I was annoying and bitchy and bossy. I kind of thought he was a pompous ass. But we were in Mr. Spaulding's communications class together, and we got teamed up for a project. One night we stayed at school until almost ten pm working on a project. I didn't drive yet, so as soon as we were done, I called my mom and headed down to the front steps of the school to wait. Charlie came down with me and sat on the steps with me. I remember thinking at the time that he was waiting for his mom. Well, my mom showed up, and as we were driving away, I saw Charlie walking to his car in the parking lot. He hadn't been hanging out waiting for a ride; he had been hanging out with me, keeping me company, making sure I was OK, whatever. That's when my opinions of him totally changed.

And we've been friends ever since.

Charlie, I don't know if you read this, but if you do, Happy Birthday, Man! I love you!! =)

2 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!

Every time you pop into my head, you have bright blue hair. Even in my high school memories of you. You now had blue hair from high school through the time you came to our apartment in Santa Fe. I just thought you'd like to know :)

Have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think your layout is adorable. :)

Best wishes to your friend Charlie on his birthday!