Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Nanowrimo begins!

I just wanted to let you all know that thanks, in part, to this blog, my best mate Allison is participating in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. Her goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (or 50,000 words of a novel) in 30 days.

I, for my small part, am helping her by blogging her progress for her at her new blog called Welcome to Lake Renner (and yes, my dear Brandon was inspiration for the name of the town).

I want to encourage all of you to go on over to Lake Renner and read what Allison has written and leave her a bit of encouragement. Writing is a tough thing to do, and writing 50,000 words in one month (which comes out to just under 2000 words per day) is a monumental challenge.

To put this in perspective, I write approximately 5,000 words per week, or one chapter. She is trying to do half of that in a single day -- every single day. It's a huge challenge, but one I'm sure she's up to.

More power to you, Allie, and to all the NaNo Writers out there!!

No comments: