Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, November 15, 2004

It's 11:10 on a Monday morning -- do you know where your sanity is?

Work on Mondays is the cruelest invention of all humankind. How, precisely, are we meant to concentrate or even THINK on a Monday morning after the shenanigans that we got up to on Saturday and Sunday?

Actually, I didn't get up to a whole lot of shenanigans. I bought a pair of $58 jeans from the Gap -- which was a first for me -- and sang in an interfaith choral music festival.

I know how to party.

The music festival thing was pretty cool. It was seven different choirs from different faiths and traditions, and in between each one, a different speaker from various traditions. We all got together and sang one song as a big huge choir at the end, and the man who directed us all was ENORMOUS and treated us like a Junior high band. Probably because he was a junior high band director. Eh.

The most exciting part of the whole evening, however had to be when my choir got up to sing. We were pumpped. We were ready. We started to sing, and about three bars into the song, the pianist STOPPED PLAYING.

I wish you could have seen the director's face. I thought his eyes were going to pop right out of his head. But he kept directing, so we kept singing, and eventually, the pianist came back in with us.

Turns out the over zealous airconditioning in the Jewish temple we were singing in BLEW her music right off the piano. There was nothing she could do but stop, bend down, and pick it up!! Anyway, big kudos to us for a) not panicking, and b) not STOPPING!!! Luckily, the second song was accappella -- on purpose -- so we didn't have to worry. Thought the pianist would die from embarrassment!! =)

Brandon said we were still the best choir of the night, regardless.

Other than that, the only other big excitement of the weekend was going to see The Polar Express in 3D at the IMAX. Wow. Let me tell you, I'm sure it's a cute movie on the regular screen, but in 3D it will blow your mind. And be sure to sit near a group of kids, because it is indescribably precious to watch them all reach out and try to catch the falling train ticket. =)

Aside from the wicked 3D, the movie is generally cute. It's a bit thin on plot, but that's to be expected when you try to translate a 36 page picture book into a 90 minute movie. =)

I especially enjoyed the scene near the end when they're all waiting for Santa to show, and the elves start singing very slowly...

"You'd... better... watch... out..."

Felt oddly like a Phish concert or something, but I liked it. =)

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Phish concert, haha

I've heard that if you're going to see that movie at all you've GOTTA see it in 3D. I kinda want to. It's really sad to admit how long it's been since I've seen a movie. It's very unusual for me.

I totally forgot you had the choir festival this weekend! I wish I could have heard it.
BTW: what happened to your pianist is reason #1, 2 and 3 why I am scared to death of attempting accompaniment.