Baby Bean is Growing

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

puttin' on the ritz

It occurred to me yesterday morning as I was fighting a losing battle with my closet yet again, that these daily skirmishes might be because I actually DON'T have much to wear to work, and not because I'm just in a foul mood. Because yesterday, I actually wasn't in a foul mood, yet still I was fighting.

The vast majority of the clothes in my closet are either:

a) too casual (75%)
b) too small (10%)
c) too big (10%)

leaving a measly 5% that I can actually wear. And I get bored rather quickly of wearing the same old thin day in and day out. I don't even really like to repeat outfits in consecutive weeks. It's a problem.

So, having reached the conclusion that I am not, after all, as mad as a hatter (at least, not on the subject of having nothing to wear), I decided to remedy this. At work, I promptly pulled up OldNavy.com and went to their "wear to work" section. I printed out the page, stuffed it in my purse, and went shopping on my lunch break to good results.

Everything I bought goes with everything else I bought so that I can mix and match to produce about 9 distinct outfits. Hoorah! Am wearing one new outfit today (but, have already discovered that the gorgeous silk blend teal green cardigan I bought which brings out the blue in my eyes and the red in my hair, also leaves little bits of beautiful teal green lint all over svelte little black dress I bought).


My third party of the month is tonight. For a wallflower, I get around! Although, I didn't actually go to the second party... First was Rebecca's birthday which was, in the end a horrible, terrible fiasco (ask me about it sometime, if you like. I'm not going to blog it.); the second was a CSF alumni get-together that a girl I knew from school was putting on. Friend Aaron called on Sunday to ask if I was going. I was tempted, if only to catch up with him and the few other people who I might actually wanted to see, but after aforementioned fiasco, I decided against it. Plus, it was on a Sunday night at a bar in Hollywood, which means it would take me an hour to get there, an hour to get back, and I couldn't even have a drink when I was there if I wanted to be awake enough to get home in one piece. Meh. Hardly worth the effort.

So. Tonight is party number three, a shindig hosted by Corporate to welcome us into the family. (I almost just typed the name of my company there -- whoops!) It's at the Ritz, and will probably include dinner, which is really the only reason I'm going. That, and the fact that one of the sweet girls in HR went out of her way to make sure that I and my fellow temp co-worker were included on the guest list. Rebecca is not going (probably) because she is catching a cold and trying to pack to go to New York tomorrow night. Spouses and significant others are not invited.

Yeah. It may be a REALLY short party if I get stuck sitting with people I barely know... So NOT good at the small talk...

I am, however, lookin' GOOD in my smart black dress and gorgeous teal green cardigan (with matching teal green lint).

No comments: